Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Diaper Ink-Blots - How do you stretch your creative mind?

As per the previous post, I'm totally thrilled to be a Dad! Callum was born on 1/11/07 and in 6 short days (actually long, given the lack of sleep) has changed our lives.

I'm hoping it also makes me more creative as I learn to see things for the first time (through Callum's eyes). I'm interested in the little things you do on a daily basis to stretch your creative thinking... what are your mental aerobics. At the risk of losing all credibility, I've decided to use Callum's poopy diapers as psychological inkblots (only momentarily of course, before they make their way to the trash). I have had many laughs the past few days describing to little Callum how his various poop "works of art / inkblots" remind me of certain images, objects, paintings, etc.

Yes, perhaps I'm over-tired. I prefer to think of it as stretching my creative thinking and keeping my spirits light. I've heard others advocate taking new routes home, walking different office corridors, etc. What do you do to regularly refresh your mind and bring creativity into your life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home