Thursday, August 02, 2007

User Generated Mind Mapping

(Adam) I come across this http://humanbraincloud.com/ which is currently a game based on mind mapping using 1st associations around a random word.

Although it is currently more of a game, I think there could be potential to use this within innovation projects as a source of stimulus. Or could a version be set up that is exclusive to a company or a group? This would give more control over the inputs, as currently unsurprisingly "sex" is the word that gets the most attention.

If developed down a more commercial route I could see this as being of interest to companies as a source of inspiration. What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Konrath said...

Hi Adam,

I agree that this could potentially be used to spur on creative thinking. Actually, I just linked to this brain cloud on my blog. I'm having a creativity competition this week, and I think it can help contestants generate new ideas for the challenge.

Word association is actually a pretty powerful technique for thinking of ideas. The Random Word technique in particular works very well to help thinkers come up with interesting new ideas. It would be interesting to see how this word association game would work in a creative thinking process!

If you're interested, my contest is at http://www.getfreshminds.com and I linked to your post directly underneath my contest. :-)

8/02/2007 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home