Friday, June 15, 2007

Visual social networking

Found this really interesting site called Imagini which is a visual social networking sight.

http://imagini.net/

The site asks you a series of questions – the answers to which are visual.
It then gives you a neat little folder which contains your VisualDNA split into themes: mood, fun, habits, love. You can then link up to people with similar DNA’s...
If the site aked more profile questions, this could be a really interesting marketing/research tool ... I suspect this is being used already for marketing purposes as the site has a business section.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The exercise this site drives is very cool - I enjoyed compiling my "visual horoscope".

When I think of all the hours we spent in my qual research days, asking consumers to create personal photo collages... I see this as a potential digital solution.

I would love to ask consumers which images within a set best describe my brand. I believe their selections would tell a story in metaphors, and selection patterns could provide a lot of insight. Would narrowing this "collage" collection set and driving through a digital channel be restricting? How else could you use this type of technology?

6/19/2007 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home