Monday, November 06, 2006

The Most Creative Presentation You Ever Saw...

(Scott) I need to design a presentation for a group of 100 very important people... and I've been told to make it creative and interactive.

To help me get the ball rolling, I wanted to reach out and ask, "What is the most creative and engaging presentation you ever saw?" What made it so engaging? Was it the presenter, the props, the content, the flow... or all of the above in some unique conversation?

As a start, the first presentation that comes to mind is one I saw Seth Godin (author of Permission Marketing, IdeaVirus, Purple Cow, etc) make to a group of meeting planners. He had 10 slides, each of them a large, colorful photo. He the content of each photo as a metaphor for a business lesson, and as the foundation for a relevant story. The combination of photos and stories made the presentation really memorable and high impact.

Now it's your turn. What have you seen that really grabbed you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to write a presentation for my final year Marketing Communications module on the impact of radio advertising.Myt goal was to demonstrate that radio advertising, is more than just a 'noise.

Rather than going through a 'boring' technical presentation, I dowmloaded some radio adverts off the rajar website and asked my audience to discuss them (and trust me, it was very hard work back in 2003!)

What made it engaging? playing ads for sure, but also involving the audience.

11/09/2006 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think it's about context - like what you are used to (and breaking those rules?). I only ask because the first ITV conference I attended I was so impressed with all the fab video clips they made (of course) to bring to life every presentation - I even had 2 in my presentation made for me! Having been to some more ITV conferences since, I have to say I'm video-clipped out now - every presentation has its flashy, glossy video clip bringing it to life, and the novelty has sort of worn off. I'm longing for a well presented speech for a change with some simple, to the point, slides!

11/20/2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's all about divertisty -I like to use video-clips in my research presentations because it's not something researchers tend to do and it impresses clients. Why don't you try to go back to basics and use boards rather than powerpoint or a very basic presentation? Could be interesting...

11/24/2006 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree - even ban powerpoint and use, like you say, big boards or something. or actors - real life. Make a little play! Or a song....now it's sounding more expensive than a video clip :).

11/27/2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home